At Luminco, we are committed to maximizing the value and impact of our clients’ products and services NOW and in the FUTURE.
A safer, healthier, and economically vibrant Africa.
Mantra/Motto: Your future is here…
Luminco was founded by Dr. David Mukanga, former Gates global health fellow and former Executive Director of the African Field Epidemiology Network, and was incorporated in Kampala, Uganda in February 2015 as a consulting firm. Luminco Consulting is a social enterprise that is part of Science and Health Impact Group (SHI). SHI is a non-profit organization based in Kampala, Uganda. We serve as a catalyst for innovation in the young and budding health, healthcare, education, and agriculture sectors across Africa.
We have mobilized the right people, skills and technologies to help organizations maximize their potential, streamline their strategies, build robust teams, efficient work flow, and support systems to navigate change and produce client centric results. Luminco is committed to maximizing the value and impact of our clients’ products and services with excellence through innovative and flexible solutions.
We are driven by the socio-economic context of Africa with:
- A continent full of promise, wealth, and talent, looking out for catalytic support.
- A budding private sector with a bubbling enterprenual spirit.
- Prevalent with suboptimal quality of goods and services with poorly understood market.
- Public health goods are largely publically financed with suboptimal execution of policies and plans.
- Inadequate social sector planning and prioritization.
- Limited availability of financing for innovations.
- A complex and fluid political economy.
Our Core Services:
1. Strengthening health systems, product/services testing and support:
- Implementation research
- Market introduction and implementation support/de-risking, demand, behavior and impact
2. Strengthening institutional capacity, fundraising capabilities, and image
- Organizational Development Executive coaching/advisory
- Interlocutor between African NGOs and donors
- Fundraising skills building
3. Strategy and management consulting to healthcare and pharmaceuticals firms
- Feasibility studies
- Understanding market dynamics
- Quality improvement
What is unique about Luminco?
- Founder and team with experience setting up and running organizations, with broad experience across Africa with academia, governments, for-profit, and non-profit sectors.
- Networks and deep knowledge of the African market, and its nuances.
- Links to pool of talent across Africa, and in the diaspora personate about Africa and its people.
- Access to and understanding of donor and financing world.
Our Key Clients:
- World Health Organisation
- Malaria Consortium
2nd Floor, LIFELink Medical Centre Building
Plot 579 Kira Road, Ntinda, Kampala
P.O.Box 24264 Kampala, Uganda